Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Lets talk about floors

Hardwood floor seem to be the "in" thing. And while they are very pretty, there are some drawbacks - at least in my house. First off, pet hair blows all over the place. I currently have tumbleweeds made of dog hair that ambush me when I least expect it. Plus, it gets cold in the winter - unless your one of those luck few who do not live in the midwest or have under the floor heating installed. There is nothing like climbing out of a warm bed in the middle of the night, to answer natures call, and stepping on a freezing cold floor. Talk about a rude awakening! On the other hand, it is so much easier to clean up spills from a wood or laminate floor. And it stays cool in the summer. Plus it looks wonderful. So, if your like me and have wood floors but want a little extra warmth, add a great area rug.

No comments: