Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Almost Time

Well, it's almost time. Just a few things left to do and we go LIVE! I'm really hyped. Now I can get back to the things I really enjoy doing, like decorating and fixing up the house. I've already finished the dining room, except for the crown molding. I love doing great paint techniques and in this room I did a "leather" look on the bottom of the walls under the chair rail. It was very simple. I started out with a deep red paint - let this dry well and then take a clear glaze, add just a touch of dark brown and then use a DRY brush to speckle onto the wall. Twist your wrist back and forth as you do it, so that the marks look random instead of planned. Make sure the brush is dry and don't worry about using those high price brushes that the paint stores will try to sell you. Any strong fiber brush will do. I added a great caramel color above the railing. The room looks warm and inviting now.

No comments: